Vacancy announcement: Project Manager
“Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities”
Reference Agreement number: 2020/421-644
Project Manager ( part time position 50%)
The Edinet municipality has entered into an agreement with the European Delegation in December 2020 for the implementation of “Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities” Project aiming to develop and implement a smart urban development concept in Edinet municipality.
The overall objective of the Action is to improve quality of urban development, citizens’ satisfaction and public services in Edinet
The specific objective of the project is:
Edinet’s municipality used smart solutions to improve urban development in the city through:
- A participatory and collaborative approach of territorial planning to ensure smart governance is implemented
- Public urban services optimized using innovative smart solutions tailored to the specific needs in Edinet.
- Promoted smart living in urban area for better assimilation of innovations and future city infrastructure for sustainable usage of urban space in Edinet municipality
- Smart solutions implemented for 2 schools and 2 kindergartens
The project is implemented by Edinet municipality, RM in partnership with Alba Iulia municipality, Romania and associated partner Smart City Council, USA.
The Project Manager for “Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities” project provides leadership to the project implementation team, strategic guidance and technical oversight to project activities and reporting and is responsible for achieving cost effective, timely, and contractually compliant project results according to the project description and Grant contract.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring all project activities;
- Creating and implementing an adequate system of communication and collaboration between all project partners and project team members;
- Ensures the achievement of objectives and expected results;
- Management and planning of project activities;
- Elaboration of project plans, meetings and coordination of project staff activity;
- Preparation of progress, interim and final reports to the donor with the support of the assistant and team members
- Monitoring the financial management, including the verification of all project expenses and the correct elaboration of the supporting documents;
- Identifying, analyzing and managing project risks and informing decision makers about this;
- Coordinating the elaboration of additional documents to the grant contract, requesting the approval of changes to the project documentation (if applicable) and monitoring their implementation;
- Ensuring official communication with the donor, project partners and service providers / providers in the process of implementing enterprise contracts signed within the project.
- Monitoring the fulfillment of procurement contracts signed within the project
- Establish partnerships with similar projects.
- Provide technical support, mentoring, or training to project staff when knowledge gaps or opportunities for increased effectiveness are identified.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders
To the Mayor of Edinet municipality.
Education and Experience:
University degree, in economics or in other related fields. At least one accredited training course in the field of project management.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian and English is required. Russian will be considered an advantage
Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet and other electronic tools for organizing teamwork
Other specific requirements:
– General experience in the field of management at least 15 years
– Specific experience in the field of management / coordination and / or monitoring and evaluation of EU-funded projects of at least 10 years
– Experience in planning / writing and / or monitoring and evaluation at least 10 EU-funded projects, of which at least 5 projects in the field of local development.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their CVs and motivation letters in English language by deadline: February 20, 2020, 16:00 to firstname.lastname@example.org
No late submissions will be taken into consideration. The subject of the e-mail will include the following information: Name/Surname, Project Manager for “Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities” project.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a further interview.
More information could be required at the above-mentioned e-mail.