Vacancy announcement: Project Assistant
“Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities”
Reference Agreement number: 2020/421-644
Project Assistant (part time position, 75%)
The Edinet municipality has entered into an agreement with the European Delegation in December 2020 for the implementation of “Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities” Project aiming to develop and implement a smart urban development concept in Edinet municipality.
The overall objective of the Action is to improve quality of urban development, citizens’ satisfaction and public services in Edinet
The specific objective of the project is:
Edinet’s municipality used smart solutions to improve urban development in the city through:
- A participatory and collaborative approach of territorial planning to ensure smart governance is implemented
- Public urban services optimized using innovative smart solutions tailored to the specific needs in Edinet.
- Promoted smart living in urban area for better assimilation of innovations and future city infrastructure for sustainable usage of urban space in Edinet municipality
- Smart solutions implemented for 2 schools and 2 kindergartens
The project is implemented by Edinet municipality, RM in partnership with Alba Iulia municipality, Romania and associated partner Smart City Council, USA.
The Project Assistant for “Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities” project assist the project in organizing, preparing the implementation of activities and preparing reports on the progress of implementation. Ensures the increasing of the degree of information and awareness of the beneficiaries and the general public about the project activities, ensuring the visibility of the project.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
– To facilitate the daily implementation of project activities in accordance with the project work plans;
– Making relevant logistical arrangements for the prompt and efficient implementation of the project activities, including the elaboration of the minutes of the meetings and their records;
– Collects documents for project reports from project partners, Ensures registration and organization, storage of project documents and their preparation for reporting;
– Arranging meetings with the project team and partners;
– Ensuring effective communication between project partners and project team members;
– Identifying and notifying the project manager regarding the difficulties of implementing the activities;
– Ensures the management of the efficient functioning of the project office and the record of the project administration costs.
To the Project Manager.
Education and Experience:
University degree, in economics or in other related fields. At least one accredited training course in the field of project management.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian and good English is required. Russian will be considered an advantage.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet and other electronic tools for organizing teamwork
Other specific requirements:
– Experience in writing or implementing projects, of at least 1 year in the frame of an organization as an employee or volunteer. Greater experience is an advantage.
– Strong written and oral communication skills with different categories of audience, including the media.
– Ability to understand and perform tasks in an operational and efficient manner.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– The ability to prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment is essential.
– Ability to learn operatively and in the process of working on specific aspects of financial and administrative management of EU-funded projects;
– Knowledge of national, regional and local media sources in the northern region (Edinet district)
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their CVs by deadline: March 20, 2021, 16:00 to email@example.com
No late submissions will be taken into consideration. The subject of the e-mail will include the following information: Name/Surname, Project assistant for “Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities” project.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a further interview.
More information could be required at the above-mentioned e-mail.