Vacancy announcement: Financial coordinator
“Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities”
Reference Agreement number: 2020/421-644
Project Financial coordinator (part time position, 50%)
The Edinet municipality has entered into an agreement with the European Delegation in December 2020 for the implementation of “Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities” Project aiming to develop and implement a smart urban development concept in Edinet municipality.
The overall objective of the Action is to improve quality of urban development, citizens’ satisfaction and public services in Edinet
The specific objective of the project is:
Edinet’s municipality used smart solutions to improve urban development in the city through:
- A participatory and collaborative approach of territorial planning to ensure smart governance is implemented
- Public urban services optimized using innovative smart solutions tailored to the specific needs in Edinet.
- Promoted smart living in urban area for better assimilation of innovations and future city infrastructure for sustainable usage of urban space in Edinet municipality
- Smart solutions implemented for 2 schools and 2 kindergartens
The project is implemented by Edinet municipality, RM in partnership with Alba Iulia municipality, Romania and associated partner Smart City Council, USA.
The Project Financial Coordinator for “Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities” project ensures the financial management and the efficient capitalization of the grant and beneficiary co-financing for the good implementation of the project activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
– Monitoring the allocation of financial resources within the project, elaboration of the cash flow of the project;
– Provide financial advice to the project manager when requested;
– Maintaining accounting records of revenues and expenditures within the project and monitoring the execution of the project budget within the approved limits;
– Assuming responsibility for the correctness of the preparation of accounting documents, accounting operations within the project;
– Preparation of financial reports, according to the requirements of the grant contract and based on supporting documents;
– Preparation of reimbursement requests and supporting documents;
– Reporting to the project manager about the financial situation within the project and preventing any risks regarding the timely execution of the budget;
– Evidence of financial documents of the project;
– Keep communication with the auditors to ensure the evaluation and verification of the expenses incurred within the project.
To the Project Manager and chief accountant of the Edinet city hall.
Education and Experience:
University degree in finance / accounting or other related fields.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian and at least beginner in English is required. Russian will be considered an advantage
Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet and other digital tools for organizing teamwork
Other specific requirements:
– General accounting experience of at least 15 years,
– Work experience as financial coordinator in at least 3 EU funded project
– Ability to understand and perform tasks in an operational and efficient manner.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– The ability to prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment is essential.
– Ability to learn operatively and in the process of working on specific aspects of financial management of EU-funded projects;
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their CVs and motivation letters in English language by deadline: February 20, 2020, 16:00 to firstname.lastname@example.org
No late submissions will be taken into consideration. The subject of the e-mail will include the following information: Name/Surname, Project financial coordinator for “Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities” project.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a further interview.
More information could be required at the above-mentioned e-mail.