Vacancy announcement: Project Manager
“Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities”
Reference Agreement number: 2020/421-644
2 Local experts: one in public transportation and one in public water supply fields (part time position, 50%)
The Edinet municipality has entered into an agreement with the European Delegation in December 2020 for the implementation of “Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities” Project aiming to develop and implement a smart urban development concept in Edinet municipality.
The overall objective of the Action is to improve quality of urban development, citizens’ satisfaction and public services in Edinet
The specific objective of the project is:
Edinet’s municipality used smart solutions to improve urban development in the city through:
- A participatory and collaborative approach of territorial planning to ensure smart governance is implemented
- Public urban services optimized using innovative smart solutions tailored to the specific needs in Edinet.
- Promoted smart living in urban area for better assimilation of innovations and future city infrastructure for sustainable usage of urban space in Edinet municipality
- Smart solutions implemented for 2 schools and 2 kindergartens
The project is implemented by Edinet municipality, RM in partnership with Alba Iulia municipality, Romania and associated partner Smart City Council, USA.
The Local experts for “Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities” project organize the analysis process, communicate with the local operators, consumers and international consultants in order to identify and implement smart solutions to improve the quality of public services in the city. They have to cooperate with project partners to monitor and evaluate the implemented smart solutions.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
– To facilitate the consumer needs analysis, keep the communication with local beneficiaries of the related public services, elaborate proposals for improving the public services for public transport/water supply in Edinet municipality;
– Elaborates the technical specifications, terms of reference for goods, services and works to be procured within the project for the implementation of smart solutions in public transport / water and sewerage services;
– Participates in the meetings of the working group for procurement, Monitors the implementation of procurement contracts and operation of public services with smart solutions, prepares reports on the conclusions after testing implemented solutions and recommendations for implementing smart solutions in other cities in public transport / water supply.
– Participates in the meetings of the project implementation team and ensures the implementation of the project actions in accordance with the action plan.
– Communicates with international and national project consultants to ensure the distribution and scaling up of project results regarding public services for public transport/water supply.
To the Project Manager.
Education and Experience:
University studies – engineering, economics, transport or other related fields.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian and Russian are required. Other languages will be considered an advantage
Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet and other digital tools for organizing teamwork
Other specific requirements:
– Experience in the field of public transport / water supply and sewerage of urban areas of at least 5 years
– Knowing the local situation in the municipality of Edinet (in the public transport/water supply sector)
– Experience in analyzing and formulating plans for the development / modernization of public services;
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their CVs and motivation letters in English language by deadline: February 20, 2020, 16:00 to email@example.com
No late submissions will be taken into consideration. The subject of the e-mail will include the following information: Name/Surname, Local expert for “Edinet – Insights into tomorrow cities” project.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a further interview.
More information could be required at the above-mentioned e-mail.